Consider the first seven intelligences for this activity:
- Spatial – picture smart
- Bodily-Kinesthetic – body smart
- Musical – music smart
- Linguistic – word smart
- Logical-mathematical – number smart
- Interpersonal – people smart
- Intrapersonal – self smart
Small Group Process:
Task 1: Form groups of 7, each member of the group studies a “set” or readings/questions. Each member then reports to the group: give a brief summary of the passage and share answers to the questions. If your group is short a member or two, divide the work fairly so all sets get done.
Task 2: The group members together complete the following task. Using the scripture passages below find:
- 2 examples of the importance and/or value of musical intelligence
- 3 people who are word smart
- 2 people who use logical intelligence
- 2 people whose understanding of Jesus is rooted in the intelligence of relationships
- 1 person who is self smart
- 3 passages that rely on spatial intelligence
- 1 person who uses physical intelligence to understand Jesus.
What does Mary do?
What is Jesus’ attitude toward Mary, Martha and Lazarus?
What is Martha’s faith based on? Logic? A Convincing argument? Her relationship with Jesus.
What is Aaron’s role?
Who are the two people in this story?
Why does one of them choose to be baptized?
2 Chronicles 5:11-14
What happens right before God’s presence fills the temple?
1 Samuel 16:23
Who calms Saul and how?
How is Jesus described in this passage?
How does Jesus speak about the second coming?
Ezekial uses (music / logic / images / human relationships) to help understand God.
What is Moses’ problem?
Who helps him solve it in a logical step by step way?
Who has a very matter-of-fact attitude?
What does he say?
Whose need for proof does Jesus understand and accept?
When does Peter first begin to understand Jesus?
What does Peter do when he sees Jesus?
What does Peter suggest in this passage?
What does Jesus do? how does Peter respond?
Based on these passages, which of the intelligences does Peter often use to understand and respond to Jesus?
Who does Paul talk about as he tries to explain law and grace?
1 Corinthians 2:1-5
What does Paul say helped reveal the power and the Spirit?
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Paul understands that in his ________ the _____ that God has given him is visible.
Which of the intelligences is Paul using in these passages to help people understand God.