The Movie Study Assignment Rubric will be used to grade this assignment.
Directions: Describe examples from the video Dead Poets Society for each of the following concepts.
- An example of an ethical principle followed by one of the movie characters in the movie. Explain how the movie character’s ethics affected their morality.
- An example from each level of Kolberg’s postulates. It does not matter which stage of each level you use.
- An example of an arbitrary law followed or not followed by one of the characters in the movie.
- An example of a natural law as it applies to one of the characters in the movie. For example, it could be a movie character who followed or did not follow a natural law.
- A movie character whose action portrays aspects of narcissism.
- A movie character whose actions indicates inertia.
- A movie character from the movie that responds to authority with altruism.
- A character from the movie that responds to authority with utilitarianism.
- An example of a movie character that depicts personality rather than their true character.
- A person of character rather than just represents personality.
- An example of a movie character that used a defensive evasion of self-esteem or developing character. Describe the specific evasion.
- An example of a movie character that used an offensive evasion of self-esteem or developing character. Describe the specific evasion.
- Which worldview – anthrocentrism or theocentrism – was prevalent in the video? Explain your answer.
Be sure to describe the scene or movie character thoroughly. When describing a movie character be sure to clearly describe behaviors that undoubtedly illustrate the concept (narcissism, altruism, etc.) that you want to represent.